Below are the post-care instructions for the Botulinum Toxin A treatment that you’ve had. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us directly on 1300255 913.
• Do not rub or touch the treated area until the next morning. This includes not having any facial treatments, laser or massages.
• Do not lie down for the next 4-6 hours as you may inadvertently affect the adjacent muscle.
• Avoid exercise for the next 24 hours and any exposure to any heat treatments such as sauna, hot tub or tanning for 48 hours as it will make your treatment less effective.
• Paracetamol is recommended for any headaches or pain. Try to avoid medicines such as ibuprofen (Nurofen) or diclofenac (Voltaren) for the next 24 hours.
• There is a small risk of bruising; it is generally minor and can be covered up with make-up after 24 hours. Arnica tablets can be taken to help reduce bruising.
Your treatment will take up to 14 days to take effect. You may require additional medication at your two-week post-injection assessment, which will be for an additional fee. Please ensure you attend your follow up appointment in two weeks for a follow-up consultation where we will be able to assess your treatment.